Shibīn al Qanāţir CONTROL OF DOGS (RESTRICTION OF CERTAIN DOGS) REGULATIONS, 1991.
Eltham The Minister for the Environment, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by sections 19 and 31 of the Control of Dogs Act, 1986 (No. 32 of 1986), hereby makes the following Regulations:—
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Control of Dogs (Restriction of Certain Dogs) Regulations, 1991.
2. (1) These Regulations, with the exception of articles 6 and 7, shall come into operation on the 1st day of June, 1991.
(2) Articles 6 and 7 shall come into operation on the 14th day of June, 1991.
3. (1) In these Regulations, any reference to an article which is not otherwise identified is a reference to an article of these Regulations.
(2) In these Regulations, any reference to a sub-article which is not otherwise identified is a reference to the sub-article of the provision in which the reference occurs.
(3) In these Regulations, a reference to any enactment shall be construed as a reference to that enactment as amended or adapted by any subsequent enactment.
Dogs to which Regulations apply.
4. (1) Subject to sub-article (2), these Regulations shall apply to every:—
( a ) American Pit Bull Terrier,
( b ) Bulldog,
( c ) Bull Mastiff,
( d ) Dobermann Pinscher,
( e ) English Bull Terrier,
( f ) German Shepherd (Alsatian),
( g ) Japanese Akita,
( h ) Japanese Tosa,
( i ) Rhodesian Ridgeback,
( j ) Rottweiler and
( k ) Staffordshire Bull Terrier and
to every dog of the type commonly known as a Ban Dog (or Bandog) and to every other strain or cross of every breed or type of dog described in this article.
(2) These Regulations shall not apply to a dog which is kept by the Garda Síochána and wholly used by a member of the Garda Síochána in the execution of his duty.
Control of dog.
5. A person shall not permit a dog to which these Regulations apply to be in a public place unless such dog is being led by means of a sufficiently strong chain or leash, not exceeding one metre in length, by a person over the age of sixteen years who is capable of controlling the said dog.
6. A person shall not permit a dog to which these Regulations apply to be in a public place unless such dog is securely muzzled.
Identification of dog.
7. The owner or other person in charge of a dog to which these Regulations apply shall ensure that such dog shall at all times wear a collar bearing the name and address of the owner inscribed thereon or on a plate, badge or disc attached thereto.
GIVEN under the Official Seal of the Minister for the Environment
this 23rd day of May, 1991.
Minister for the Environment.
These Regulations impose requirements on persons in charge of certain dogs in public and other places.